Monday, November 19, 2007

Baby Quilt

M's:


My friend gave birth yesterday morning to a boy - Max. Last night I had this genius idea to make Max something. So, I looked through all my books for an idea that wouldn't make me nuts halfway through the project. I decided upon this simple, baby quilt that doesn't involve any piecing. Just two different fabrics for front and back with the batting in between. And, to hold the batting in place I used random, decorative yellow zigzags.


I wonder what I should make next. It's only 9:00am and I have the day off. Will I be lazy or will I be busy?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Boy, was I busy! I ran some errands, got my feet soaked, purchased a new bag and squeezed in a trip to the local, mom and pop fabric store. What great deals! I usually don't move beyond the entranceway and am dazzled by the large DEAL bins. Today I ignored these and went straight to the cotton print bolts. They really had a pretty good selection and it turns out fantastic prices. I don't know why, but everytime I go there I get sticker shock - positive sticker shock. I bought these really nice fabrics for $3/yd. Everything plus 4 spools of thread cost me a whopping $27.50. I LOVE it.

I bought 1 yard of the flower print and 2 yards of the stripes.


I bought 2 yards of the dots, 1 of the yellow print and 2 of the brown solid.


Another yard of this. The thread I purchased to match, see below.


Yum. Now I need to figure out what to make next.

1 Comments:

Blogger wheresmyscissors said...

That's an awesome baby blanket! Tell M congratulations for me! :)

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home